The Season of Summer, In the Year of 2011 (GA1)
It seemed as if it were yesterday, Summer 2011 was embracing students as they passed through school doors, quite carelessly, not knowing that it would be rather short lived. Here we are again, back in the same place it all started: school. When you are having fun, the time can dissapear so mysteriously.
There was not a single day this summer that I repeated something I had done the day before. I made sure to switch my routine around quite often. I tried to wake up as early as I could every day, some time between 6-9am. One day I would write something, whether it be a letter (an early method in the process of song writing), a melody, or actual lyrics. The next I would read a book or listen to song writers, such as Hank Williams, Townes Van Zandt, Bob Dylan, etc. I'd usually eat breakast while doing any of these. However, doing these would depend on what type of weekend it was. If it was a vacationy weekend, for example, being at Rushford with the band, none of this would happen. The few weeks I spent in Louisiana, mornings were spent making a big 'ole Cajun style breakfast. My recent trip down there was really fun. I don't really like doing any of the "touristy" type of things, but since my bass player decided to come along this time and I have been down there quite a few times myself, it was fun to give him the tour of my favourite places to visit and to give him the real/true feel and experience of being south. When I wasn't on vacation or taking a road trip to see a band, it was usually a band practice or being downtown that occupied my day. Those days were usually 18 hours (late nights, as it goes in rock and roll). I also discovered I am quite the chef, as random ideas for a "dish", as you will, came up randomly. This summer, I also gave up my youth, by getting an "average-Joe job" (ba dum splash) to have extra money for the band and for gas, which is really stupid.
That is all I have to say about that...
There was not a single day this summer that I repeated something I had done the day before. I made sure to switch my routine around quite often. I tried to wake up as early as I could every day, some time between 6-9am. One day I would write something, whether it be a letter (an early method in the process of song writing), a melody, or actual lyrics. The next I would read a book or listen to song writers, such as Hank Williams, Townes Van Zandt, Bob Dylan, etc. I'd usually eat breakast while doing any of these. However, doing these would depend on what type of weekend it was. If it was a vacationy weekend, for example, being at Rushford with the band, none of this would happen. The few weeks I spent in Louisiana, mornings were spent making a big 'ole Cajun style breakfast. My recent trip down there was really fun. I don't really like doing any of the "touristy" type of things, but since my bass player decided to come along this time and I have been down there quite a few times myself, it was fun to give him the tour of my favourite places to visit and to give him the real/true feel and experience of being south. When I wasn't on vacation or taking a road trip to see a band, it was usually a band practice or being downtown that occupied my day. Those days were usually 18 hours (late nights, as it goes in rock and roll). I also discovered I am quite the chef, as random ideas for a "dish", as you will, came up randomly. This summer, I also gave up my youth, by getting an "average-Joe job" (ba dum splash) to have extra money for the band and for gas, which is really stupid.
That is all I have to say about that...

3 Comments:
What type of "dishes" did you make?
I can't wait to be in the south, nothing like southern hospitality.
Good average joe article, Joe. Have an average joe day.
Thanks, rockin' Rick. Have a Rick and rollin' day.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home