2011-2012 School Year
Procrastination is quite the tricky fellow.
It took me 15 minutes of procrastination to come up with that stupid opening line.
Overcoming that tricky little fellow, named procrastination, is what I hope to accomplish.
This year I hope to throw procrastination to the ground and show it who's boss. The past few years have been full of it. I often found myself actually doing the work and then realized how easy it was. I then dwell on the past work I could have done and it just goes down hill from there. It's quite a simple resolution for the year; just get my work done. It really is disrespectful to teachers when you don't complete assigned work. They live their lives to see us learn and accomplish things. Their every day life is to come to work and teach us, and I feel that it really brings them down when we ignore that aspect. Though, it is really hard to find time between other things and even sleep when homework needs to be done. There would just be some nights where I would choose sleep over any work at all. Staying up until 2 in the morning to finish it all sometimes is unreal and unpractical. It's a really relaxing feeling getting all of your work done, though. When it's not done, it just becomes a burden, even after it's too late to turn it all in. Finding a set time to complete all of it this year will be a task, but once it becomes a habit, it should be no problem. However, with a job and other activities following my school day, it will most definitely be a draining year. I need to find a perfect balance between all of them. That's all I have to say about that...
It took me 15 minutes of procrastination to come up with that stupid opening line.
Overcoming that tricky little fellow, named procrastination, is what I hope to accomplish.
This year I hope to throw procrastination to the ground and show it who's boss. The past few years have been full of it. I often found myself actually doing the work and then realized how easy it was. I then dwell on the past work I could have done and it just goes down hill from there. It's quite a simple resolution for the year; just get my work done. It really is disrespectful to teachers when you don't complete assigned work. They live their lives to see us learn and accomplish things. Their every day life is to come to work and teach us, and I feel that it really brings them down when we ignore that aspect. Though, it is really hard to find time between other things and even sleep when homework needs to be done. There would just be some nights where I would choose sleep over any work at all. Staying up until 2 in the morning to finish it all sometimes is unreal and unpractical. It's a really relaxing feeling getting all of your work done, though. When it's not done, it just becomes a burden, even after it's too late to turn it all in. Finding a set time to complete all of it this year will be a task, but once it becomes a habit, it should be no problem. However, with a job and other activities following my school day, it will most definitely be a draining year. I need to find a perfect balance between all of them. That's all I have to say about that...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home