"Gotta Get Back in Time..."
Nothing is more thought provoking than the desire of time travel. The chance to experience moments that have shaped our lives far before we were even a gleam in our father's eyes is mind bottling. However, I would only travel just before my father was born; the 1940's. I choose this time period because it is just before the peak of rock and roll. John Lennon (my idol) was born at this time, as well. To be able to go back to this time period and witness the rise of this young man and a new era of music would be utterly inspiring. To witness clash of the young and the wise (the old folk); "Turn that noise down!", "this music is the Devil!", "you'll never get anywhere playing that nonsense!”. What happened? It became a complete phenomenon. Young people wanted more of it; more Beatles, more Stones. Rock and roll was sweeping the entire UK and then it hit the US and the country made it theirs. Parents and officials were terrified of the “electronic noise” their youngsters were blaring out of their radios. It brought with it an attitude and an idea, that you were young and that you would enjoy being young. I’d like to be able to go back and place myself among the group of friends in which The Beatles and The Rolling Stones existed and witness the freedom in which they lived. I’d like to watch them write the songs that changed history and music forever. I’d like to be able to witness the passion that they put into everything they did for music. The ‘40’s – ‘70’s was such a monumental and extraordinary time in the world and it was an age before we had to deal with all of the nonsense that exists today. The digital age may be great, but it can’t beat back then.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home