Group O: Me Dad
My father is the greatest figure in my life. My father is, at the same time, the most kind, strict, and humorous person I have ever met. My father is a great friend who I have not acknowledged enough. My father is quite a genius man. He is a man with reserved humour who knows when to use it and how to use it effectively. He is a former Marine and has his own Marine way of doing things. He is a man of faith. He is always making sure that his children know that he loves them and is thinking of them. He is always making sure we are content in our current state. He always has a lesson to tell, a memory to share, a story to tell, a “story from his mouth” to tell. When I was young, we’d go fishing a lot, out in Seattle or for the short year we lived in Chesapeake, Virginia. It was a simple life lesson and something that is to be passed on from each generation of father and son. One time, we even kidnapped ourselves and drove wherever the road took us, camped wherever we felt, listened to Credence Clearwater Revival on tape; it’s probably my favourite memory that we’ve shared. Even though I am not a person with much to say at times, I am comfortable and perfectly content just sitting with him or being in his presence; this has taught me that there is quality and meaning in silence spent with a loved one. Whenever I am busy, not at home, or not staying at home, I feel as if I’m truly missing out on time with him. With every father and son come disagreements and words that they didn’t mean, but my father and I can’t dwell on those moments and we get over them pretty quickly. Once I am out of school, I will look forward to the extra time we will be able to spend together and the memories we will be able to make. I hope one day I can find a way to truly express how much he means to me.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home