Thursday, January 5, 2012

The End of My Year in 2011

I must admit, my 2011 was quite the year. Comparing what I actually accomplished to the goals I set for myself/what I did not think would happen is quite the difficult task. 


The highlight of my holiday break (which was the 26th through the 3rd for me) included staying in Brooklyn, New York for a week and tracking my band's latest effort. The amount of personal freedom we had and the creative energy we experienced was at an all time high. Being able to live in the studio (which had a roof with a complete 360 view of the New York City area skyline) definitely added to the feel of this new batch of songs. Being in New York just gave me such a heightened level of creativity and really drove me to put forth my best effort while we tracked. Not only did we work our behinds off, we got to see some of our favourite friends from the area. We also got to order food every single day. Lord, did we eat a lot. I think we sampled every type of cuisine offered. I will add that Brooklyn is quite the neighbourhood. It has great night life and a great stretch of restaurants. Let it be on the record, that my favourite place that we dined at while in New York, was LA Burrito. I ordered my meal and thanked them for their superior food and service entirely in Spanish. They were quite impressed (muchas gracias, Senora Hazen). Never judge a hole in the wall restaurant by it's cover. Also, sketchy delis rule. Also also, "Ohhh, Richard!" 


I will also be a complete sap and say that on New Years Eve, my high school sweetheart of four years and I are finally reunited. Yes, I will be a sap and admit my life is complete. It is what it is. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home